MBTI® & MMTIC® Coaching
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI®)
MBTI® is the best-known and most trusted personality/psychological type assessment tool available today. Millions of assessments are administered annually in the United States and is translated in over 30 different languages. MBTI ® is based on over 50 years of researched and validated personality theory with proven applications for understanding normal personality differences and is used for a wide variety of purposes including the following:
- – Self-understanding and development
- – Career development and exploration
- – Organization development
- – Team building
- – Management and leadership training
- – Problem solving
- – Relationship counseling
- – Education and curriculum development
- – Academic counseling
- – Diversity and multicultural training
The Myers-Briggs® assessment has its roots in Carl Jung’s theory of psychological type. Katharine Briggs and her daughter, Isabel Briggs Myers, developed Jung’s theory and the first forms of the instrument, sharing a vision “to enable individuals to grow through an understanding and appreciation of individual differences in healthy personality and to enhance harmony and productivity among diverse groups.”
The MBTI assessment offers many benefits:
- A framework and a process yielding greater self-awareness and leading to better self-management
- A vocabulary that allows people and group to speak more effectively about needs, expectations, preferences and conflict.
- A statistically validated tool that supports effective communication, leadership, team and relationship development.
The most critical aspects of MBTI® assessment is that it has nothing to do with skill, ability, intelligence or mental health. Psychological type does not predict success or performance, and it cannot ethically or completely be used to hire, fire, promote or assess compatibility.
Individual MBTI® Coaching services vary depending on one’s needs and desired level of support. They consist of individual, couple or group face-to-face meetings or telecoaching. The costs vary with the amount of time you request. Success requires your commitment as the client to take responsibility for the process and the outcomes that result from it. You’ll need to be open and honest about your issues and needs, keep agreements and stay committed to your goals. Our role as coach is to employ our expertise as a Myers Briggs Type Indicator® (MBTI) certified practitioner, mentor, taskmaster, motivator and sounding board; which will get you back on track, keep you focused, and hold you accountable for progress.
Call today for more information or to schedule an individual or group MBTI® or MMTIC® assessment and coaching session(s).